In order to check working with Bebop 2 from python, I was required to downgrade from 4.3.0 to older firmware.
Here is described as I did it, as well firmware itself and older FlyFlight Pro working with this version.
Firmwares 3.3.0, 4.0.5: https://cloud.mail.ru/public/87rd/w5ng2ByTC
taken from http://drivers.softpedia.com and https://icarus23blog.wordpress.com/2015/02/15/downgrade-del-firmware-del-bebop/
Method for downgrading is taken from this video:
For Windows 10.
- Enable telnet in Windows, by searching for “cmd”, right mouse button, “Run As Administrator right”, and type dism /online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:TelnetClient
(base on https://iamsan.ru/windows/telnet-windows7)
Note, in future, you should run telnet from cmd runned at Administrator right too.
- Install FileZilla or TotalCommander.
- Connect Bebop to PC/Laptop via wifi 2.
- open Command Prompt 3. turn on Bebop 2 by pressing power button, then open telnet port by press power button 4 times
and press enter
mount -o remount,rw /
and press enter
and press enter
- press i
- scroll to the end of last line and press enter
- add two new lines with number of version to downgrade, such as 3.2.0
- press ESC
- type :wq then press enter
- Open Filezilla of Total Commander. In FileZilla where it says Host type in 192.168.42.1 press enter and it will connect to Bebop 2. In Total Commander press Ctrl+F and create a new connection to Host 192.168.42.1 and connect to Bebop 2.
- Go to Bebop’s folder internal_000 and copy there firmware from PC.
- In telnet type
and press enter. It will transfer firmware to updater
- reboot the Bebop 2 and wait for it to update itself
- I don’t do it – (do a factory reset of Bebop 2 by holding the power button until it resets.)
Upgrading from 3.3.0 to newwer versions
Copied from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzqOPS_nmi0
1. Connect Bebop to PC/Laptop via wifi
2. download and install Filezilla
3. open Command Prompt
4. turn on Bebop 2 by pressing power button, then press 4 times when that button finishes flashing
5. type in the Command Prompt box telnet 192.168.42.1 and press enter – it should connect to Bebop 2
6. then type mount -o remount,rw / and then press enter
7. then type vi version.txt and press enter – it will say your version number at the top 3.3.0
8. now type r1:wq then press enter
9. then retype vi version.txt and press enter your Bebop 2 should now be version 1.3.0
10. Open Filezilla and where it says Host type in 192.168.42.1 press enter and it will connect to Bebop 2
11. now find your 3.2.0 firmware on Laptop/PC and drag an drop it to the folder on the right that says internal_000
12. once it has finished transfering to the bebop close Filezilla and open Command Promt again and
type telnet 192.168.42.1 press enter should connect to Bebop 2 again 13. once connected
via telnet type
and press enter an it will transfer firmware to updater
14. reboot the Bebop 2 and wait for it to update itself, after it has updated an rebooted,
remove battery for 1 minute place battery back in and power on Bebop 2
15. do a factory reset of Bebop 2 by holding the power button until it resets.
16. see how she flies and happy flying
Controlling Bebop 2 from Python
For controlling Bebop 2 from python: BebopDrone project https://github.com/al3Co/BebopDrone
It requires Python 2.7, download for Windows: https://cloud.mail.ru/public/KMxT/aEh96tAh9
FreeFlight will not allow to connect to old versions of Bebop 2. To resolve it, here is two ways:
1) Use older Free Flight version (taken from bebop yazilim https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3l3oDN6XaePWWotdEdIUFZteTg) :
2) Use FlyToDiscover app instead Free Flight (costs 10$)